Oklahoma meteorologist David Payne leaving KFOR-4 to join KWTV-9
Payne will be eventual successor to chief meteorologist Gary England.
KFOR-4 morning meteorologist David Payne will join the KWTV-9 weather team in January after signing a long-term contract with the station, the station announced Monday night.
Payne eventually will succeed Gary England as KWTV chief meteorologist when he decides to retire, said David Griffin, CEO and chairman of Griffin Communications.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims