Oklahoma scene: Liberty High football coach Earl Tennial arrested
Tennial arrested on complaints of lewd molestation and lewd proposal to a minor at the school
The head football coach at Liberty High School was arrested Thursday on a lewd molestation allegation as well as a complaint that he made a lewd proposal to a minor — a student at the school.
Tulsa County sheriff's deputies went to the school on Dec. 14 to investigate a report from the administration that Earl Stanley Tennial, 29, had been sending inappropriate text messages to a 15-year-old female student, an arrest report says. The district, which is in southern Tulsa County, also informed the girl's mother, according to the report.
After being read his Miranda rights, the coach told a deputy that “on or about Dec. 5 he received the initial text message from the 15 year old student,” the report says. Tennial told the deputy that the tone of the texting conversations initially was “casual, but at some point the content of the texting developed a sexual theme,” the document states.
The 15-year-old girl was interviewed by authorities on Tuesday and said she initiated contact with Tennial by texting him, the document says. There is no allegation that sexual intercourse occurred. However, the report says the girl said that — as they were sitting at his desk — Tennial placed his hands on her waist and pulled her close and that the two kissed for two or three minutes.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims