Oklahoma City police chase ends in man's suicide after earlier shooting
A police pursuit ended when a man committed suicide Friday after another man was shot in northwest Oklahoma City.
A wild scene unfolded early Friday in Oklahoma City as a man shot and killed another man, held a woman hostage, led authorities on a chase and then killed himself on Interstate 35, police said.
Videoview all videos
Dec 21A police pursuit ended when a man committed suicide...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Darrell Kurt Wilson, 36, was identified as the shooter in Friday morning's domestic home invasion and homicide, police reported.
Oklahoma City police said Wilson previously had been in a relationship with the 32-year-old woman, and the homicide victim, William Schnittman, 25, was the woman's boyfriend.
Shooting leaves boyfriend dead
The shooting happened at a house in the 1500 block of NW 39, where police responded about 3 a.m. Friday.
When they arrived, they reported seeing a man who appeared to be holding a woman hostage in an early model Jaguar. Officers convinced the man to let the woman go, police said. At that point, Wilson escaped in his car, and police followed in pursuit.
Officers searched the house and discovered Schnittman, who had been shot. Schnittman later died from his wounds, police said. Additionally, the woman told officers she had been sexually assaulted by Wilson.
Capt. Dexter Nelson said police had been to the house before for domestic abuse calls and that the woman had a protective order filed against Wilson in the past.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims