‘Jesse tree’ at Catholic school in Oklahoma City shares holiday lesson
The premise of the ‘Jesse tree’ at St. James Catholic School in Oklahoma City comes from Isaiah 11:1, which says “Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, and a branch from his roots will bear fruit.”
The decorations adorning an evergreen tree at one metro-area school are handmade, brightly colored and diverse.
The ornaments hanging from the “Jesse tree” at St. James Catholic School also are educational.
Principal Anne Codding said at first glance the tree looks like a typical Christmas tree decorated with colorful baubles and tinsel. However, Codding said the handcrafted items hanging from the...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 23122Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10571Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6943OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5977OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5278Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5014Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3834Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater