State's failed education system
Glenn Goldschlager, (Your Views, Dec. 15) is correct in saying that we want less government in our lives. However, when it comes to the education of our children the current number of small, inadequate curriculum and failing schools in Oklahoma is proof of a failed education system. I came out of a small rural school and lacked some of the basic courses required for engineering school, necessitating make-up courses that resulted in extra cost to me and the state.
NewsOK Related Articles
Local school boards are too often not equipped to recognize, nor do most small schools have the means to provide, adequate courses for college preparation. This is why guidance from the state needs to be in place.
The prevalent idea that consolidating schools will result in collapse of the community is false and indeed selfish of those responsible for sacrificing our children's education.
Roy L. Brown, Norman
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 21911Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17670Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12642Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10331Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9974Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9639Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7768OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures