Oklahoma State basketball: Brittney Martin has triple-double in Cowgirls' win
ARLINGTON, Texas — Brittney Martin recorded the first triple-double in Cowgirls history, and Toni Young scored 21 points on 10-of-13 shooting Saturday, helping No. 15 Oklahoma State improve to 9-0 for the third time in school history with a 90-54 win over Texas-Arlington.
Martin, a freshman, had 10 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists, along with five steals and two blocks.
Liz Donohoe added 19 points, Tiffany Bias chipped in 14 and Lindsey Keller had 13 for the Cowgirls, who shot 53.5 percent from the field and never trailed. OSU's 9-0 start is the school's first since the 1995-96 team won its first 10 games.
Desherra Nwanguma led the Mavericks (2-8) with 15 points and Eboni Watkins had 11. Texas-Arlington shot just 33 percent from the field, was outrebounded 45-29 and committed 17 turnovers.
Oklahoma State led 52-24 at halftime, scoring the last 12 points of the first half, and cruised from there.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say