High school notebook: Douglass' Chavez Wyatt, Fort Gibson's Jake Gandara commit to Central Oklahoma
Central Oklahoma continues to grab top in-state talent, most recently loading up its backfield with a pair of Class 4A standouts. Douglass' Chavez Wyatt and Fort Gibson's Jake Gandara verbally committed to UCO last week.
Central Oklahoma continues to grab top in-state talent, most recently loading up its backfield with a pair of Class 4A standouts.
Douglass' Chavez Wyatt and Fort Gibson's Jake Gandara verbally committed to UCO last week.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Wyatt rushed for 1,211 yards and 10 touchdowns on just 125 carries, while sharing running back duties with Navy commit Chris High.
Gandara accounted for 2,234 yards and 30 touchdowns on 243 attempts. Both players averaged better than nine yards per carry.
Millwood product Pierson a freshman All-American
Former Millwood standout Davion Pierson was named second-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com after his rookie season at TCU.
Pierson, who redshirted last year, was one of three TCU players on the first and second teams.
Pierson, 6-foot-2, 305 pounds, finished the year with 27 tackles, 2.5 sacks and a fumble recovery. His six tackles for loss was fourth on the team.
Heritage Hall product Sterling Shepard was named an honorable mention selection on the offense after his true freshman season at Oklahoma.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63579Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 37826Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 34889Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12671Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12126Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive