Family looks back one year after near tragedy, encourages blood donations
Katy Roybal was celebrating the birth of her first child when she suffered complications after childbirth and needed 22 units of blood and platelets. One year later, she and her husband are encouraging others to donate blood.
As they celebrated the birth of their first child Dec. 22, 2011, Bryan Roybal noticed his wife, Katy, looked pale.
Hours after giving birth to daughter Jane, Katy Roybal was hemorrhaging.
“It was pretty intense from there,” Bryan Roybal said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments