Ranking the non-Big 12 bowl games between Christmas and New Year's:
1. Chick-fil-A Bowl: LSU vs. Clemson, 6:30 p.m. Monday, ESPN. Fourth best bowl game overall, behind the Big, Fiesta and Cotton.
2. Sun Bowl: Southern Cal vs. Georgia Tech, 1 p.m. Monday, CBS. Yellowjackets have losing record, but quite a contrast in styles.
3. Russell Athletic Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Rutgers, 4:30 p.m. Friday, ESPN. Hokies try to avoid losing record in matchup of fleeing or fled Big East schools.
4. Music City Bowl: North Carolina State vs. Vanderbilt, 11 a.m. Monday, ESPN. Why didn't any school come after Vandy's James Franklin?
5. Belk Bowl: Cincinnati vs. Duke, 5:30 p.m. Thursday, ESPN. Duke's 18-year bowl drought ends.
6. Fight Hunger Bowl: Navy vs. Arizona State, 3 p.m. Saturday, ESPN2. No matter what, this won't match Army-Navy.
7. Independence Bowl: Ohio vs. Louisiana-Monroe, 1 p.m. Friday, ESPN. Remember when the Independence had Big 12/SEC matchups?
8. Military Bowl: San Jose State vs. Bowling Green, 2 p.m. Thursday, ESPN. Just no reason to get excited.
9. Armed Forces Bowl: Rice vs. Air Force, 10:45 a.m. Saturday, ESPN. A pair of 6-6 teams.
10. Little Caesars Bowl: Western Kentucky vs. Central Michigan, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, ESPN. At least the two least-impressive bowl teams play each other.