Two on foot killed in Oklahoma City wrecks Wednesday night
A man and woman died Wednesday night after being struck by separate vehicles in Oklahoma City, police said. Neither of their names were released.
A man and woman died Wednesday night after being struck by vehicles in Oklahoma City, police said.
Neither of their names were released.
About 7:30 p.m., a man and his wife were arguing in the 2700 block of NE 10. When the wife tried to leave, he jumped on the car and his legs were run over by the car she was driving, Capt. Dee Patty said.
While in the road, a second car — described only as small and light in color — struck him and continued east on NE 10, Patty said. He was taken to OU Medical Center where he died, she said.
About 8:30 p.m., a woman was crossing SW 59 near Youngs Boulevard when she was hit by an oncoming car, Patty said.
The woman died at the scene. The driver of the car that hit her stopped and was not arrested Wednesday night.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction