Police release name of man who died after hit-and-run in northeast Oklahoma City
Police have released the name of the Oklahoma City man killed in a hit-and-run traffic accident. The name of a woman killed in a separate incident has not been released.
Police have identified a man killed in hit-and-run traffic accident Wednesday night.
Fonzell Hamilton III, 36, of Oklahoma City, was run over about 7:30 p.m. in the 2700 block of NE 10 by a driver who left the scene.
Hamilton had been arguing with his wife when he jumped on her car as she tried to leave, police said. The car drove ran over his legs. A second car — described as a small, light-colored car — hit him and continued going east on NE 10. Hamilton was taken to OU Medical Center where he died.
Another pedestrian was hit and killed about 8:30 p.m. The woman was crossing SW 59 near Youngs Boulevard when she was hit by a car. Her name has not been released because relatives have not been notified, police said. The driver stopped and was not arrested Wednesday night, police said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister