Tom Skinner returns to studio to make rare album
The respected red dirt singer-songwriter, who plays with the Mike McClure Band Friday at the Wormy Dog, released his self-titled record last month on Oklahoma indie label 598 Recordings.
The jolly bearded man sharing the stage Friday night at the Wormy Dog Saloon won’t be Santa Claus. But for fans of Oklahoma’s red dirt music, Tom Skinner recently delivered a joy-inducing gift.
You can take Garth Brooks’ word for it.
“I know Tom Skinner well enough to say that making a record of his original recordings was not something he was easily talked into doing, and...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in