Oklahoma news briefs
Oklahoma news briefs for Friday, Dec. 28, 2012
Two die after being struck
The man killed in a hit-and-run traffic accident Wednesday was Fonzell Hamilton III, 36, of Oklahoma City, police said. Hamilton was run over about 7:30 p.m. in the 2700 block of NE 10 by a driver who left the scene. Hamilton had been arguing with his wife when he jumped on her car as she tried to leave, police said. The car ran over his legs. A second car — described as small and light-colored — hit him and continued east on NE 10.
Another pedestrian, Edna Buffalohead, 49, no address provided, was hit by a car and killed about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, police said. She was crossing SW 59 near Youngs Boulevard. The driver stopped and was not arrested, police said.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
School hoax bail is $250K
Bail has been set at $250,000 for a Washita County man accused of threatening to shoot up a school, court officials said Thursday. Christopher Thomason, 21, of Cordell, was arrested Dec. 21 on complaints of terrorism hoax and violation of the Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act. No charges have been filed. Thomason made threats on an Internet chat board to “shoot up the school,” Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents reported.
FOR THE OKLAHOMAN
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments