Oklahoma State football: What they're saying about the Heart of Dallas Bowl
Here is a look at what players and coaches were saying after Oklahoma State's 58-14 victory over Purdue in the Heart of Dallas Bowl:
* OSU coach Mike Gundy on the game: “I think the overall speed of our football team was considerably different, and that's what made the difference in the football game. We were able to make some good plays there and force some turnovers and take advantage of them.”
Videoview all videos
Jan 2Clint Chelf threw three touchdown passes and the OSU...
Jan 1Jenni Carlson and Gina Mizell on how things got out of...
Photoview all 64 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
* OSU receiver Charlie Moore on the Cowboys' next offensive coordinator: “We've learned over the past couple years that whoever's the coach, this offense can run. With the players we have here and the guys we have coming back, I think we'll be all right.”
* Purdue defensive tackle Kawann Short on what made OSU's offense so effective: “They executed in all phases of the game. Their running backs was running pretty good, the quarterback played awesome, the offensive line blocked. It was up to the defensive line to make the disruption, and we didn't do it. They took advantage of it.
* OSU safety Daytawion Lowe on his fumble recovery returned for a touchdown: “I was running over there trying to help (cornerback Justin Gilbert) before (receiver O.J. Ross) got the first down. He made a good play, stripped it down, popped it right into my hand. It really was credit to Justin Gilbert on that. I just ran it in.”
* OSU receiver Josh Stewart on if he's ready to enter the Cowboys' quarterback race: “Oh, yeah, I'm ready. (Clint) Chelf better watch out.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins