Illinois Denny's manager to cops: No guns allowed
Denny's might have given us the glorious "Hobbit"-inspired menu, but a manager at an Illinois location takes the company's no-firearms policy seriously. Maybe too seriously.
A police detective in Belleville, Ill., was asked to remove her gun or leave the restaurant on New Year's Day. And in response, Police Chief William Clay has banned all on-duty officers from eating at that Denny's.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims