Police arrest Oklahoma City man with fanny pack full of drugs
Steven Haggard, 43, was arrested Saturday after police found drugs and knives in his fanny pack.
A fanny pack full of drugs and knives has landed an Oklahoma City man in jail.
Police encountered Steven Haggard, 43, at the corner of SW 37 and S Blackwelder Avenue about 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
While talking with Haggard, an officer noticed a knife in the front right pocket of his jacket. The officer asked Haggard if he had any more weapons and Haggard told the officer he had three more knives and several syringes in his fanny pack around his waist, according to the incident report.
In the fanny pack, officers found a baggy of crystal meth, two baggies with four pills inside each and 5.3 grams in mushrooms that Haggard said he picked himself, according to the report. Officers also found numerous syringes and two spoons in Haggard's backpack, the report states.
Haggard was wanted on a warrant for violating his suspended sentence from a 2003 conviction of possessing meth, police said. Court records show Haggard had two other felony convictions for possession of a controlled dangerous substance from arrests in 1995 and 1996.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater