House explodes in southwest Oklahoma City
No casualties; one person was treated at the scene. The house was destroyed and surrounding houses had significant damage.
A woman was pulled from her home by an Oklahoma Natural Gas worker after a gas explosion Thursday afternoon, authorities said.
The woman — identified only as in her 60s — was making cookies about 5 p.m. when the explosion rocked the southwest Oklahoma City home, 9208 S Villa Ave., fire Deputy Chief Marc Woodard said.
An ONG employee investigating the smell of gas in the area ran into the back door of the flaming home and brought her to safety, he said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21361Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10815Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8633Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8589Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8336Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7789Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7697Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister