Oklahoma football: What they're saying about the Cotton Bowl
Here is a look at what coaches and players were saying about Texas A&M's 41-13 win over Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl:
* Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin: “You know, my voice is about gone. But these guys I think tonight was really indicative of this season. It's one of the teams I thought in the country that truly got better every week. We didn't always do everything right all the time, but I don't think there was ever a game this year where these guys didn't play with tremendous effort.”
Videoview all videos
Jan 5Johnny Manziel proved far too fast and elusive for the...
Jan 5Jason Kersey and Jenni Carlson break down the 2013 AT&T...
Photoview all 78 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
* Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel: I'm not really worried about the future and that right now. I'm really enjoying this. Some of the seniors, the last time they'll get to be in the locker room with all of us. Just enjoying the time with all these guys, that's what my main focus is.”
* Oklahoma center Gabe Ikard: “Going forward, I know we know what we have to do ... If anything, this will be a huge motivation through the off-season, cause us to work harder through the off-season, and to come back next year as good as we possibly can be.”
* Oklahoma safety Javon Harris on Manziel: “You've got to give it to him. He's not a Heisman winner for no reason.”
* Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops, asked if this 10-3 season feels better than last year's 10-3 record: “Obviously it is. They're not even to be compared. This game is disappointing in every way for me, for us. But the rest of the season was pretty positive, and another Big 12 championship.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20726Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16618Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11933Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11447Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10097Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9885OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9809Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss