Baker Hughes will have blood drive Jan. 16
Baker Hughes and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are starting off the new year by saving lives and inviting Yukon-area residents 16 years or older* to join by donating blood 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday, January 16, at 11041 NW 10.
Blood donors will receive a free ball cap, health screenings and Donor Rewards points, redeemable for merchandise in OBI’s online store.
If donors prefer, they can forgo the ball cap to support the Global Blood Fund. Oklahoma Blood Institute will redirect funds for the ball caps to this charity assisting blood centers in developing countries.
“With the start of a new year and unanticipated weather, blood donations typically decline in the winter months,” said John Armitage, Oklahoma Blood Institute president and CEO. “But the need for blood is constant, and patients in our community count on volunteer donors to fulfill that need.”
Donors with Oklahoma Blood Institute provide every drop of blood needed by patients in more than 140 Oklahoma medical facilities. This includes all hospitals in metro Oklahoma City.
Appointments are not required but can be made by calling Oklahoma Blood Institute at 877-340-8777 or visiting obi.org.
* 16 year olds must weigh at least 125 and provide signed parental permission, 17 year olds must weigh at least 125 pounds, 18+ year olds must weigh at least 110 pounds.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims