Prosecutors release jail recording of fatal attack
Prosecutors Monday released a jail recording of the fatal attack on an inmate who had agreed to be a cooperating witness in a federal drug investigation. Six men who had been in the same pod in the Grady County jail are charged with first-degree murder in the death.
CHICKASHA — Prosecutors released a jail recording Monday of the fatal attack on an inmate who had agreed to be a cooperating witness in a federal drug investigation.
Videoview all videos
Jan 7Warning: Graphic content. Prosecutors Monday released a...
Photoview all photos
The victim, Anthony John Mollman, died May 17 after suffering a heart attack caused by blows to the head during the nighttime attack inside the Grady County jail.
Six men who were in the same jail pod have been charged with first-degree murder in the death. A judge Monday ordered one defendant, Cody Sitlington, 31, to face trial.
Special Judge Timothy Brauer ruled after watching the recording made from a camera placed high in the jail pod. Prosecutors released copies of the recording to the media after it was played in court.
Mollman, 46, was an admitted drug offender who supplied methamphetamine to the Rogues Motorcycle gang. At the time of his death, he was a federal inmate being held at the Grady County jail while awaiting sentencing.
The judge is expected to see the recording again during preliminary hearings for the five other defendants. Those hearings are set for later this month.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister