2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons chipotle sauce or adobo sauce
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon Head Country All-Purpose Championship Seasoning
3-pound boneless Boston butt pork roast, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 cup Choc Beer or chicken broth
• Combine tomato paste, chipotle sauce, garlic and Head Country seasoning in a 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in pieces of pork roast.
• Microwave beer or broth in a 2-cup glass measuring cup on high for 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Pour beer or broth over pork roast. Do not stir. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
• Shred meat using two forks. For traditional carnitas, brown the shredded pork in a saute pan until the meat is crisp on the edges. Serve in flour or corn tortillas.
Slow Cooker 3 Bean Chili
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
1 cup Choc beer or vegetable broth
1 (32-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon Daddy Hinkle’s Cumin & Oregano seasoning
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
1 (16-ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
1 (14-ounce) can pinto beans
1 (14-ounce) can black beans
1 (14-ounce) can red kidney beans
• Over medium heat, add oil to a deep pot and combine onion and peppers. Saute for 5 minutes to soften vegetables. Add garlic, cook for about a minute, making sure not to burn.
• Pour sauteed vegetables into a slow cooker. Add beer or broth, tomatoes, Daddy Hinkle’s, cumin, chili powder, Tabasco, sugar and refried beans. Stir to combine. Cook on low heat for 6 hours.
• Add pinto, black and red kidney beans. Continue to cook another 30 minutes to 1 hour.
• Serve with Hiland sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and Suan’s pepper relish.
Molten Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cake
2 packages Shawnee Mills brownie mix
¼ cup water
½ cup Garden Club creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons Hiland butter, melted
2 large Braum’s eggs
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup water
¾ cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Place ingredients for the topping — 1 cup water, brown sugar and cocoa powder — in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
• Place the two brownie mixes, peanut butter, butter, eggs and ¼ cup water in a large bowl, and stir until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into the slow cooker, and spread it evenly on the bottom.
Pour the brown sugar topping over the batter. Put on the lid, and cook on high for 2 hours. Open the lid, use a spatula or spoon to spread any remaining liquid evenly over the pudding. Turn heat to low and continue cooking, with the lid off, for 30 minutes.
• Serve warm with Braum’s Peanut Butter Cup ice cream.
SOURCE: The Made in Oklahoma Coalition