Miss Oklahoma Alicia Clifton wins talent competition
Miss Oklahoma Alicia Clifton won with a tap dance performance.
LAS VEGAS — Miss Oklahoma and Miss South Carolina have racked up prizes in the first day of preliminary Miss America competition in Las Vegas.
Miss Oklahoma Alicia Clifton's tap dance performance to “Money Can't Buy Me Love” earned her top honors Tuesday night at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino. The 21-year-old from Oklahoma City, who was the 2011 winner of the Miss Edmond LibertyFest pageant before she was crowned Miss Oklahoma, will take home a $2,000 Amway scholarship.
Miss South Carolina Ali Rogers took the trophy for the first round of the Lifestyle and Fitness category after modeling a white Catalina swimsuit. The 20-year-old from Laurens, S.C., will take home a $1,000 Amway scholarship.
Contestants are divided into three groups and compete in different categories during three nights of preliminaries. Their scores will factor in the finals, which will be broadcast live on Saturday.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister