FBI agent is shot during training exercise in Edmond
An FBI agent was shot in the leg Thursday during a training exercise at the Edmond Police Department training center. Federal officers are investigating.
EDMOND — An FBI agent was shot in the leg Thursday during a training exercise at the Edmond Police Department training center.
FBI spokesman Rick Rains did not identify the agent but said he was listed in good condition.
The injured agent was taken by medical helicopter to OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City. Family members have been notified, Rains said.
The FBI's emergency medical technicians at the scene administered help until he could be airlifted, Rains said.
The shooting occurred about 3:25 p.m. during a training exercise, Rains said.
Federal agents are investigating what happened at the firing range, which is east of Midwest Boulevard on Danforth Road.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims