Former DHS employee sentenced to 37 months in prison for fraud
Katharine Anne Daugherty was an adult protective services specialist IV at the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. She pleaded guilty to wire fraud last year in federal court in Oklahoma City.
A former DHS worker has been sentenced to 37 months in federal prison for tricking the U.S. Labor Department into sending her a disabled adult’s benefit checks after he died.
Katharine Anne Daugherty, 57, of Bethany, pleaded guilty in September to wire fraud. U.S. District Judge Joe Heaton sentenced her Wednesday in federal court in Oklahoma City.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments