Village Verde will mix homes, senior housing, town center
Village Verde will offer a mix of homes at various prices along with senior housing and a commercial town center, all connected by green spaces and pathways making it all pedestrian friendly.
The trees dotting the grounds at Village Verde have already passed a crucial test: a long stretch of extreme drought.
Developers studied the area and figured out what was already thriving, said Michael Nevard, general manager of the 480-acre development at Northwest Expressway and Mustang Road.
“We actually transplanted quite a few trees that were already local and living without additional water, put them in as part of the project,” Nevard said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63579Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 37826Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 34889Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12671Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12126Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive