Edmond search warrant leads to two arrests
Edmond police recovered 3.3 pounds of marijuana, $16,075 and more than 16 firearms during the search of a home on Holly Hill Road. Two people are arrested on drug complaints.
EDMOND — Two people were arrested on drug complaints after Edmond police served a search warrant at 640 Holly Hill Road.
Officers recovered 3.3 pounds of marijuana, $16,075 and more than 16 firearms during a search of the home in the Meadow Lake housing addition, between Kelly Avenue and Broadway and Second Street and Danforth Road.
Jesse Ryan Barnard, 26, was arrested Monday on complaints of possession of a controlled drug with the intent to distribute and possession of drugs, paraphernalia, drug proceeds and a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Alexis Dawn Payne, 19, of Warr Acres, faces complaints of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Barnard was free from jail Friday on $25,500 bail. Payne also was out of jail on $2,500 bail.
The search warrant was obtained after officers learned about drugs at Barnard's home.
Officers said they found handguns, rifles and a semi-automatic rifle in the master bedroom. They also reported finding a brown substance that appeared to be hashish, according to a police report released Friday.
Barnard, who agreed to talk to police, told them he was not a bad person but likes to smoke marijuana. He told police he sells a lot of marijuana, but smokes more than he sells. He denied growing marijuana and said he didn't get his marijuana in Edmond, police said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M