Oklahoma man sentenced to 245 years for child abuse
POTEAU — A man in LeFlore County accused of sexually abusing and neglecting his children has been convicted on multiple counts and sentenced to 245 years in prison.
Jurors on Friday convicted the man of three counts of child sexual abuse and nine counts of child neglect. For the abuse counts, jurors sentenced him to 50, 60 and 45 years, plus 10 years each for the neglect counts.
The Associated Press isn't naming the 62-year-old defendant to protect the identities of the nine children involved.
A local newspaper reports the children, ages 3 to 17 in 2011, were found living in filthy conditions in a camper with their parents.
Last week, the 41-year-old mother entered no contest pleas to similar charges. She is to be sentenced Feb. 22.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister