Oklahoma man charged in crude oil thefts
Yukon resident Mark Dale Bass Jr. has been charged with stealing crude oil.
EL RENO — A Yukon man has been charged with multiple felony counts that could land him in prison for decades as authorities continue to investigate a string of crude oil thefts in several counties.
Mark Dale Bass Jr. was arrested Thursday after being charged last month in Canadian County District Court with six counts of tapping a pipeline to steal oil, each one punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $50,000 fine.
Bass, 34, also faces charges of concealing stolen property, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and possession of methamphetamine stemming from his Oct. 5 arrest after authorities followed him to a well site near Rush Springs.
Bass, who owns his own tanker truck, subsequently admitted to multiple oil thefts after investigators debunked his claim that the truck was filled with wastewater from a tank battery near Davis, according to court documents.
Canadian County sheriff's Capt. Kevin Ward said Friday the case is still under investigation as authorities try to determine if anyone else was involved in the thefts.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22069Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17657Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12691Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10660Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10002Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9693Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures