'Hair of the dog' saves puppy's life

BY RICHARD SHEARS, THE DAILY MAIL Modified: January 15, 2013 at 3:12 pm •  Published: January 15, 2013
Advertisement
;

A 10-week-old puppy in danger of dying from poisoning after swallowing anti-freeze was saved by a strong dose of vodka – a whole bottle and a half!

A vet put Cleo, an American Staffordshire, on the emergency hard liquor treatment as an antidote and the unusual treatment saved her life.

She was today still getting over a hangover in a Melbourne veterinary surgery, but her owner, Miss Stacey Zammit was delighted that her four-legged friend was on the road to recovery.

Read the complete article from the original source.



Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    10 Most Popular Wedding 'First Dance' Songs
  2. 2
    Psychologists Studied the Most Uptight States in America, and Found a Striking Pattern
  3. 3
    Facebook Post Saves Drowning Teen
  4. 4
    Saturday's front page of the New York Times sports section is simple: LeBron James and transactions
  5. 5
    The 19th-century health scare that told women to worry about "bicycle face"
+ show more