Oklahoma mother raises awareness about RSV
After her infant daughter developed RSV, Mikala Watkins, of Oklahoma, made it a point to start educating parents about respiratory syncytial virus, more commonly known as RSV.
Mikala Watkins has yet to bring her infant daughter home.
Shortly after Sophie was born, she developed respiratory syncytial virus, more commonly known as RSV.
RSV is a common respiratory illness that can develop into a more serious illness in young babies.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M