Three Oklahoma companies make Fortune's best list
Oklahoma-based Chesapeake Energy Corp., Devon Energy Corp. and QuikTrip have maintained their place on Fortune's annual list of the best companies to work for.
Three Oklahoma companies kept their winning streaks intact Wednesday with the release of Fortune magazine's list of best companies to work for.
Videoview all videos
Jan 16Three Oklahoma companies made Fortune Magazine's list of...
Chesapeake Energy Corp., Devon Energy Corp. and QuikTrip have been on the list for at least six years.
“Oklahoma should be proud,” QuikTrip spokesman Mike Thornbrugh said. “They're solid, great companies. We're proud to be part of the list with them.”
Thornbrugh said the best part of being on the list for Tulsa-based QuikTrip's employees is receiving congratulations from customers.
“To us, it's a tremendous honor. To a large degree, it's a validation of QuikTrip's core principles,” he said. “The face and the voice of QuikTrip are the men and women in those red shirts who are waiting on people 24 hours a day.”
QuikTrip made its 11th consecutive appearance on the list.
Chesapeake is the state's highest-ranked company, coming in at No. 26, which was unveiled on Fortune's iPad application.
“Empowered and motivated employees continue to make Chesapeake a great place to work,” CEO Aubrey McClendon said in a statement. “Our employees are focused on creating and delivering value for our shareholders while also making our country more energy secure.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
Expanded Chesapeake coverage
Chesapeake coverage on NewsOK:
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M