Recruiting: Receiver Laquon Treadwell to make announcement at 5 p.m. Thursday
Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss are among Treadwell's favorites.
STILLWATER — Mississippi, Oklahoma State or Oklahoma?
That's the decision Crete-Monee (Ill.) wide receiver Laquon Treadwell, the No. 1 recruit at that position in the nation, will announce at 5 p.m. Thursday at his high school.
Videoview all videos
Jan 10Who will the Sooners miss more: Tony Jefferson or Kenny...
Photoview all photos
The announcement will be streamed live on highschoolcube.com and CSNChicago.com.
Ole Miss appears to be the favorite to land Treadwell, though his last official visit was to OSU last weekend.
“In every aspect, it met my expectations,” Treadwell told Rivals Tuesday. “The facilities are top-notch … some of the best I've seen, by far. The coaches were even better than I thought they would be.
“I've been on the phone with them and seen them around the school, but just hanging around them was great.”
Treadwell also got an in-home visit from Cowboy coach Mike Gundy and wide receivers coach Kasey Dunn on Monday night. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze, as well as wide receivers coach Grant Heard and co-defensive coordinator/cornerbacks coach Wesley McGriff, visited Treadwell Tuesday.
Treadwell visited OU last month.
Treadwell, who is now rated a five-star prospect by both Rivals and Scout, tallied more than 1,400 receiving yards and 16 touchdowns while leading his high school to an undefeated season its first state championship 2012.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21139Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17655Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12237Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9306Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8802Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8735Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater