Slain U.S. Grant grad defied the odds, couldn’t escape gun violence
Anthony Hartfield Jr., who graduated from U.S. Grant High School last year, was a role model to younger students and a leader on the school’s basketball team. He was shot to death Monday after someone broke in to his father’s house.
Anthony Hartfield Jr. did everything an inner-city youth is supposed to do.
He stayed in school. He said no to drugs. He got into college.
It wasn’t enough to keep Hartfield from becoming a casualty of the inner-city gun violence that ends so many young lives. He was gunned down about 3:20 a.m. Monday when someone kicked in the...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 79875Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16375OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12357Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12103Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10249Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9002How to help tornado victims