Pilot-rated passenger was seated in back of plane during crash that killed Oklahoma State University coaches, report shows
The only passenger certified to fly a plane that crashed on Nov. 17, 2011, in Arkansas, killing two Oklahoma State University coaches, was seated in the rear of the plane, according to a National Transportation Safety Board report.
That position likely would have placed her out of reach of the flight controls if the 82-year-old pilot of the aircraft had suffered a medical emergency.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion