Gold rush: Price surge prompts Oklahomans to start new businesses
Gold prices rose steadily from 2008 to 2011, prompting an increase in the number of gold dealers in Oklahoma.
In search of a new career, precious metals dealer Sandra Ward opened Silver and Gold Exchange in a strip mall near NW 17 and Portland Avenue in November after seeing how well a friend was doing in the cash-for-gold business.
“I saw they were making pretty good money and thought I would give it try,” she said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?