Q&A on Collecting: Porcelain vase is decorated with Asian scenes
Anne McCollam: Porcelain vase is decorated with Asian scenes
Q: I have enclosed a photo of a footed porcelain vase that I bought at an estate sale. It is approximately nine inches tall, has two handles and is decorated with Asian scenes of pagodas and trees. The trees are embellished with gold dots, and there is a gold band around the top. On the bottom is a wreath with the letter “M” in the center. Outside the wreath are the words “Hand Painted — Nippon.” Thanks for any information on the age, history and value of my vase.
A: You have a nice example of hand-painted Nippon porcelain. The letter “M” in the mark represents the Morimura Brothers. They had offices in New York City and imported porcelain to...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?