Remember what it was like when you were a kid and you thought nothing of playing tag for hours on end? That spirit still lives. You just need to wake it up. Maybe with a high-energy Zumba workout or Shaun T's “Hip Hop Abs,” done in the privacy of your own home. Or by walking your dog while listening to a Dan Brown thriller.
Try these five tips to keep you motivated on your journey toward health and fitness.
1. Write a long list of all the fun, sexy, sassy reasons you want to achieve your fitness goals. Make copies of that list and stash them everywhere. Review when weakness strikes.
2. Recognize: Six packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. If you have only 30 minutes, you're better off using that time to prep the following day's breakfast and lunch than working out. We just gave you an excuse to skip a workout, but only if you use that time wisely.
3. Jump on the boutique gym bandwagon. Try a funky, fun fitness haven, where the low-impact, calorie-torching workout happens in a room full of cutting-edge elliptical machines.
4. Eat all the raw, non-starchy vegetables you can stand.
5. Exercise while doing household chores.
Sponsored by the Bart and Nadia Health and Fitness Festival, Feb. 13-17 at the Cox Convention Center.