Oklahoma City is cold this time of year, but it isn’t as chilly as other cities.
According to Wunderground.com, Oklahoma City doesn’t even rank in the top five coldest cities in the U.S. But if you’re curious, here’s a look at the frigid five and their average annual temperatures.
1. Barrow, Alaska 11.7 degrees
2. Leadville, Colorado 35 degrees
3. International Falls, Minnesota 37.8 degrees
4. Jackson, Wyoming 39.4 degrees
5. Caribou, Maine 39.7 degrees
So far this year, the statewide average high temperature, as measured by the Oklahoma Mesonet, has been 48.1 degrees, 0.9 degrees above normal.
Gary McManus, of the Oklahoma Climatological Survey said the statewide average low has been 27.1 degrees, 3.3 degrees above normal.
The average annual temperature for Oklahoma City is 61.5 degrees.