Barons travel to Grand Rapids with two former NHLers in tow
Barons at Grand Rapids
When: 6 p.m. Wednesday
Where: Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, Mich.
Radio: KXXY-FM 96.1, Jim Byers play-by-play.
Scouting report: Two former NHL players the Barons signed earlier this week will make their OKC debuts in the opener of a three-game road trip. On Sunday, the Barons signed forward Jonathan Cheechoo, a former NHL All-Star who once led the NHL in goals. On Monday, the Barons signed defenseman Brett Clark, who has played 681 NHL games, including all 82 games last season with the Tampa Bay Lightning. ... The Barons (43 points) are in a three-way tie for the eighth and final playoff spot. Grand Rapids (50 points) currently is the No. 2 seed, leading the Midwest Division. ... Gustav Nyquist (40 points) is fourth in the league in scoring and might win the AHL scoring title if he remains with the Griffins all season since the top three scorers are now in the NHL. ... Grand Rapids' Joakim Andersson is the reigning AHL Player of the Week after scoring seven points in two games last week. ... Grand Rapids goalie Peter Mrazek is 13-5-1 with a 2.33 goals-against average.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister