Bean dinner benefits Health for Friends in Norman
The annual Benefit Bean Dinner sponsored by the Christian Men’s Fellowship at First Christian Church in Norman raises money to pay for prescriptions for low-income residents served by the Health for Friends clinic.
NORMAN — About 70 members of the Christian Men’s Fellowship at First Christian Church served up beans and cornbread Tuesday to hundreds who turned out for the annual Benefit Bean Dinner that raises money for the Health for Friends medication fund.
At $5 a ticket, the proceeds help pay for prescriptions for low-income residents served by the Health For Friends clinic at 317 E Himes St.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims