Share “Oklahoma State University student died of...”

Oklahoma State University student died of drug, alcohol poisoning, autopsy shows

An Oklahoma State University student who was found unresponsive in his bedroom in October died of alcohol and heroin poisoning, according to a medical examiner's report. David W. Brumfield, 22, died Oct. 15 after his roommate found him unresponsive and called police.
by Silas Allen Modified: January 24, 2013 at 7:16 pm •  Published: January 23, 2013
Advertisement

— An Oklahoma State University student who was found unresponsive in his bedroom in October died of alcohol and heroin poisoning, according to a medical examiner's report.

David W. Brumfield, 22, died Oct. 15 at an Oklahoma City hospital after his roommate found him unresponsive in his room the day before and called police.

An autopsy report released Wednesday by the state medical examiner's office lists the probable cause of death as anoxic encephalopathy due to alcohol and heroin toxicity. Anoxic encephalopathy is a condition where not enough oxygen reaches the brain.

Brumfield, of Plano, Texas, was a junior and an animal science major in OSU's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources.

He was a member of the Sigma Chi fraternity.

NewsOK.com has disabled the comments for this article.
by Silas Allen
General Assignment/Breaking News Reporter
Silas Allen is a news reporter for The Oklahoman. He is a Missouri native and a 2008 graduate of the University of Missouri.
+ show more


Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    KFOR: Man found guilty in JaRay Wilson murder trial, sentenced life without parole
  2. 2
    Midstates Petroleum opts to delay release of fourth quarter and full 2014 results
  3. 3
    Child porn defendant reportedly had images of young females involved in bestiality
  4. 4
    John Stancavage: What's driving the price of gasoline?
  5. 5
    One dead, one injured in Tulsa apartment shooting
+ show more