Sallisaw police chief admits taking petty cash, city official says
Sallisaw Police Chief Shaloa Edwards told city officials he took less than $100 in petty cash and is now under formal investigation.
SALLISAW — The police chief of a small eastern Oklahoma town has confessed to taking less than $100 in city funds, although he told investigators he didn’t see anything wrong with it.
Sallisaw Police Chief Shaloa Edwards is being investigated for leaving an IOU for $40 inside a petty cash drawer at the police station.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes