Sonic Corp. President Scott McLain will step down as president
Scott McLain, 50, will leave the Oklahoma City drive-in restaurant company after 17 years, a company spokeswoman said.
McLain to leave Sonic
Sonic Corp. President Scott McLain will step down at the end of March, the company said Thursday.
Videoview all videos
Jan 25Scott McLain will leave the Oklahoma City drive-in...
McLain, 50, will leave the Oklahoma City drive-in restaurant company after 17 years to pursue new challenges and opportunities, company spokeswoman Christi Woodworth said.
Sonic Chairman and CEO Cliff Hudson will assume the title of president of the company. McLain will continue to serve at the company in a transitional role through June.
“Scott has made numerous and substantial contributions to Sonic, and we would like to thank him for his work and commitment to the brand,” Hudson said in a statement. “Scott helped develop a number of initiatives to grow our brand, and his impact will continue with the successful implementation of those initiatives.”
McLain joined the company in 1996 as treasurer and became chief financial officer in 1997 before assuming the role of president in 2004.
From Staff Reports
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims