Billy Bajema probably won’t catch any passes in the Super Bowl. He isn’t likely to have his name called by the announcers. He might not even be noticed on the worldwide broadcast except by a few die-hard fans who knew him during his Westmoore High or Oklahoma State days.
Read the rest of the story on Oklahoman.com
MORE FROM NEWSOK
Here’s a look at the Ravens who have ties to our fair state:
• Billy Bajema: The Ravens tight end was a three-sport standout at Westmoore High, then became a tight end at Oklahoma State from 2001-04. He amassed 676 receiving yards during his Cowboy career. Bajema now makes his offseason home in Oklahoma.
• Ryan McBean: The Ravens defensive lineman has been on injured reserve this season with an ankle injury. He was a defensive end at OSU in 2005 and 2006 after transferring from Hinds Junior College in Mississippi. He had 62 tackles and 12.5 sacks during his Cowboy career.
Super Bowl XLVII
• When: 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 3
• Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome,
• TV: KWTV-9 (Cox 10/HD 709, Dish 9, DirecTV 9, U-verse 9/HD 1009)