Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes present $500,000 grant to tribal college in Weatherford
The $500,000 check was to the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribal College, located on the campus of its partner institution, Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford.
WEATHERFORD — The Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes, through its tax commission, recently presented a $500,000 check to the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribal College, located on the campus of its partner institution, Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford.
Cheyenne and Arapaho Gov. Janice Boswell made the presentation to Chief Lawrence Hart, chairman of the board of regents for the tribes.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit