More than meets the eye in Oklahoma job stats
Commerce Department labor specialist Deidre Myers looks under Oklahoma’s vaunted low unemployment rate and finds gaps.
EDMOND — Rosy unemployment rates aside, Oklahoma faces an educational gap for new jobs that will take more vocational education as well as college to fill.
That’s one of several layers that labor specialist Deidre Myers peeled from workforce stats Tuesday at the annual Edmond Economic Preview. Myers, director of research, economic analysis and...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 71664Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31265Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29267Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 20588Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6679Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6629Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond