At a glance: Oklahoma school closings related to flu
So far this year, a number of Oklahoma public school districts have reported closures due to flu, according to the state Education Department and media reports.
At a glance
School closings related to flu
NewsOK Related Articles
The flu continues to cause Oklahoma school administrators to call off classes.
The Jay Public School District in Delaware County will be closed Friday because of the number of staff and students who have influenza. Almost 20 percent of the students were absent, said James Bryant, high school principal.
Other districts that are closed include:
• Cherokee Public Schools, Alfalfa County.
• Chouteau-Mazie Public Schools, Mayes County.
• Kiefer Public Schools, Creek County.
• Konawa Public Schools, Seminole County.
• Porum Public Schools, Muskogee County.
• Westville Public Schools, Adair County.
• Wyandotte Public Schools, Ottawa County.
From staff reports
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims