Wednesday Video Spotlight: Oklahoma-made short film "Clerks Too" premieres online
Last month, I told you about James Nghiem’s first full-blown film project, the mini-movie “Clerks Too.”
Originally devised as a shot-for-shot remake of Kevin Smith’s 1994 cult comedy hit “Clerks,” the Norman comedian/musician’s “Clerks Too” instead became a 37-minute short about one man’s misguided quest to create a shot-for-shot remake of “Clerks.”
“‘Clerks’ is one of my favorite movies from when I was a kid. Also, I wanted to get like everybody in the (Oklahoma City) comedy scene involved. And if I was gonna redo a movie that had just like a million random parts, I would think of ‘Clerks’ ’cause there’s like a ton of small parts that people just pop in, say a line and disappear,” Nghiem told me in an interview.
To read more of my feature on Nghiem and “Clerks Too,” click here.
Fun fact: Just after it initially ran, Smith retweeted the link of my story about “Clerks Too” to his more than 2 million Twitter followers @ThatKevinSmith.
Another fun fact: Today, Nghiem published his full short film on YouTube for the whole world to behold. Like Smith’s original film, it’s NSFW due to strong language, but if you and your boss are OK with that, please enjoy responsibly:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients