We shouldn't have to wait to secure our borders
Recently I heard a group of U. S. senators tell the American people that if we approve of their comprehensive immigration bill involving 11 million illegal aliens, they'll secure our borders. Why can't and why won't the government secure this border now? Why does it take a bill involving people going against our laws for them to finally secure our borders? I might also remind them that we've heard presidents promise to secure our borders in the past 25 years and it's yet to happen. Do the senators actually want us to believe that Barack Obama will be the one president to secure our borders? Surely they don't think we're that stupid.
NewsOK Related Articles
Ben Humphries, Edmond
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims