Oklahoma House speaker downplays talk of fringe element in his GOP caucus
Oklahoma House Democrats maintain House Republicans are ‘deeply divided’ along ideological lines as Speaker T.W. Shannon prepares for this year’s opening session that starts Monday.
The first glimpse of how strong a grip House Speaker T.W. Shannon has over the largest-ever House GOP caucus should be shown Monday, the first day of the legislative session.
Members of the House of Representatives are expected to take up approving rules that will govern the lower chamber for the 54th Oklahoma Legislature, which will cover the next two years. Several...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims